We are seeking Level 1 Managed Service Support engineer to join our expanding team. In this role, you will work within a busy support area to deliver a high quality of support service to our customers dealing with some of Ireland’s largest companies. The Engineer will have the responsibility for all incoming cases and may be required to go to client sites.
- Provide frontline support to Enterprise Defences customers in a professional and timely manner to ensure their expectations are met and exceeded.
- Monitor system alerts and proactively remediate any issues.
- Perform daily checks on customer networks to ensure overall compliance
- Working closely with Infrastructure team to ensure any ongoing projects are supported.
- Investigate and troubleshoot complex multi-system issues in a production environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology or related discipline
- Proven experience of having worked with network infrastructure (e.g. Cisco or Juniper technical certification)
- Strong Knowledge and experience of Layer 2 and Layer 3 network protocols
- Excellent analysis, problem solving and Judgment or decision-making
- Proficient in Windows and LINUX systems
- Software development/scripting skills are desirable
- A team player who has the ability to work with and motivate others
- Self-motivated individual who will grow and maintain relevant technical competencies
- The energy and enthusiasm to deliver continuous service improvement self-motivated candidate who has a keen interest in technology with excellent analytical skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment dealing with critical incidents
- Have an outgoing and friendly personality, with strong communications skills
- Have the ability to communicate effectively; verbally and in writing
- Salary DOE
- 24 days paid holiday plus an additional day off for your birthday
- Mileage and expenses – all travel costs are covered
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Fantastic development opportunities
- Great team nights’ out and events
If you think you are the right person for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief cover letter detailing why you feel you are the right person this role, along with a copy of your CV.